Malta is a beautiful island. Above all, what I prefer there are the beaches. But stop! I see you laughing. You think I like to go there just to tan. You are wrong. In fact, it is true that I prefer a tan skin but this is not my main purpose to go there.
I love beaches because there are beautiful and make me think to my beaches in Corsica. I really like being in Corsica because of everything there. I should stop I am getting lost.
So here is my personal classification of the beaches:
- 10. Mellieha Bay, also known as Ghadira Bay, is the largest and popular sandy beach in Malta located in the northern part of the Island, just off the town of Mellieha.
- 9. Golden Bay is a beautiful sandy beach set within a cliff face in North West Malta.
- 8. Ghajn Tuffieha Bay, sometimes called Riviera, is a beautiful and special sandy beach with its clay slopes and cliffs located in the North West part of Malta. Ghajn Tuffieha is the second sandy beach in a chain of beaches together with Golden Bay and Gnejna Bay.
- 7. Paradise Bay is possibly the most attractive beach in Malta; set within a natural cove, which more than justifies the name. Paradise Bay offers beautiful views of the surrounding rugged landscape
- 6. St. Peter’s Pool is one of the most beautiful and stunning natural swimming pools in Malta and is located close to Marsaxlokk at the tip of Delimara Point in the southwest of Malta.
- 5. Ramla l-Hamra Bay, meaning Red Beach in Maltese, is Gozo’s largest sandy beach with unique bright orange-red coloured sand and beautiful blue clear waters. Ramla Bay is also one of the most beautiful beaches in Malta, set in the bottom of a valley with unspoilt wild and fertile nature. Ramla Bay is a magnificent curving bay with rocky cliffs surrounding the beautiful beach, and is popular with snorkelers, families, tourists and locals and tends to get a bit crowded in summer.
- 4. Mgarr ix-Xini beach is a small, but very picturesque bay set within a creek and a steep sided natural valley. Mgarr ix-Xini is one of the most secluded beaches in pretty Gozo and therefore offers tranquillity and beautiful views to all of its guests.
- 3. Hondoq ir-Rummien, meaning Pomegranate Moat in English, is located below Qala on the southern coast of Gozo. Hondoq ir-Rummien has a small, pretty sandy and pebbly beach that is popular with the Gozitans and it is not hard to understand why.
- 2. San Blas Bay is a small, yet very pretty and tranquil beach set in secluded and green countryside at the end of beautiful valleys on Gozo’s northeast coast. The sand at San Blas Bay has the same reddish-orange colour and rocky landscape as that of Ramla Bay, making this beach special and unique as well.
- 1. The Blue Lagoon, my favorite at all! It is located in Comino and is like a picture taken out of a postcard with its light blue crystal clear waters and white sandy sea bottom.
Now if you want to visit Malta, you will know where to go. Enjoy